Alive In Christ is an inter-denominational, Christ-centered ministry helping men and women find freedom in their struggle with same-sex attraction. We are primarily a discipleship and mentoring ministry. We deal with basic issues of growing as a follower of Jesus Christ and believe that by growing in our relationship with God, we will progressively walk into the freedom that is found in Christ and into holiness.
We specifically provide:
- A weekly support group in Boston for Christians struggling with same-sex attraction.
- A monthly support group in Boston for the friends and family of those who experience
- A monthly support group in Taunton, MA for those impacted by same-sex attraction and those with loved ones who are transgender or gay-identified.
- Referral to counselors and therapists.
- Ongoing mentoring, teaching and support, one on one and in group settings.
- Speakers for churches or fellowship groups seeking to learn about same-sex attraction.
"But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ, even when we were dead in transgressions..." Ephesians 2:4a
Brenna Kate Simonds has been learning to walk in freedom from same-sex attraction, disordered eating, self-injury, self-loathing, and chronic low self-esteem for over 17 years. For close to a decade, she has directed a ministry for Christians impacted by same-sex attraction while ministering to others with life-controlling issues. Brenna's favorite pastimes are running, singing, gluten-free cooking and enjoying the company of her husband and their two sons and daughter.
Watch and read Brenna's story: God Never Changes But I Have