It’s So Easy To Be Deceived
Read Psalm Chapter 50
Ps 50:16 But to the wicked, God says: “What right have you to recite My laws or take My covenant on your lips?17 You hate My instruction and cast My words behind you.
Ps 50:21 These things you have done and I kept silent; you thought I was altogether like you. But I will rebuke you and accuse you to your face. 22 “Consider this, you who forget God, or I will tear you to pieces, with none to rescue.
It is a dangerous thing to accept part of God’s word and reject other parts. Either we worship a God who is 100% truthful all the time, or we worship a god who toys with us and tells us some truth and some lies. We know which is correct. Our Father is 100% truthful all the time. Therefore, when He states that homosexual behaviors are sin, then we know for sure that it is sin. Some of those we love have rejected this part of the scripture, yet claim to know God and are adhering to His word.
These verses from Psalm contain a stern warning for anyone who claims to know God, yet purposefully and willingly deny some of the truth from God’s word. Certainly, many of the descriptions here fit those who are living as Christians and at the same time are living a gay lifestyle.
1. They recite God’s laws. They attend church, sing worshipful songs, teach and preach from the bible, and study theology.
2. His covenant is on their lips. They know His word and His laws. They carefully recite those scriptures which do not pertain to sexual behaviors, or they quote them in paraphrases which suit their beliefs.
3. They hate God’s instruction. Most of them, at one time, knew and believed the simple message from scripture, and walked with Him. But somewhere along the way, they found themselves hating God’s message concerning homosexuality.
4. They cast His words behind them. They do not believe the simple truths from Romans Chapter 1.
5. They believe that God is “altogether like them.” They have allowed themselves to believe that they have received an updated word from His Spirit. They believe that He agrees with their newly discovered truth.
May our Lord have mercy on our friends who have bought into this lie from the mouth of our mortal enemy! We do not enjoy studying this topic, because we mourn over their condition. By no means do we study it in order to condemn anyone. We continue to study this truth so that we do not get caught up in the deception. If they were vulnerable to being deceived, we cannot believe that we are safe from it. We must continually talk to our Savior about it. We must read what He has to say about it. We must look around us an see the continued devastation which has come about as a result of men and women reinventing the truth.
There is coming a day when God will call to account anyone who has deserted the truth. He will rebuke them and accuse them to their face. They will have no valid reply to God’s accusation. God’s grace, in the form of His forgiveness, will not be available to anyone who failed to repent before the end of their life. We must do all we can to represent Him and His truth to all men and women who will listen. Unfortunately, most will not listen to us.
Prayer: Lord, this is hard to bear. We cannot bear the heartache we feel when we think of those we love who have allowed themselves to be deceived. We do not judge them, that’s Your job. But we know Your truth, and we despair over their condition. Father, please speak to them through Your Spirit. That is their only hope.