Day 13: How to Take Your Thoughts Captive
It’s Day 13 of the Porn-Free Challenge, and today we are talking about the vital importance of taking your thoughts captive.
Over the last 12 days, we’ve been talking about the first strategy mentioned in 2 Timothy 2:22: run from. We must flee from sin and temptation. This means:
We need to have a radical approach to sin: cutting away the things from our life that cause us to stumble.
- We need to know our triggers and prevent them.
- We need to have exit strategies for when temptation comes.
- We need to flee from habits of isolation and secrecy.
- We need to keep in mind our negative motivations.
- Who are we harming? How are we harming our own brains and bodies? How are we participating in an industry that sexually exploits others?
In order to make all these strategies effective, we need to renew our minds (Romans 12:1-2). We need to really listen to the lies we tell ourselves and replace those lies with truth. By running from these lies and running to God, the power of sin can be broken.
P.S. If you have any questions or comments about today’s lesson or the 40-day challenge in general, remember, you can give Covenant Eyes feedback by clicking here, or use the space provided in the form below.
Read “How to Take Every Thought Captive: The Battle for Your Mind,” from Christian counselor Rick Thomas.
Remember: After reading the article, take some time to write down the most memorable take-aways in your 40 Day Challenge Journal. Make sure to fill out your self-assessment charts for the day as well.