An Eerie Prophecy
Read Hosea Chapter 4
Hos 4:1 Hear the word of the LORD, you Israelites, because the LORD has a charge to bring against you who live in the land: “There is no faithfulness, no love, no acknowledgment of God in the land.
Hos 4:5 You stumble day and night, and the prophets stumble with you. So I will destroy your mother— 6 My people are destroyed from lack of knowledge. “Because you have rejected knowledge, I also reject you as My priests; because you have ignored the law of your God, I also will ignore your children. 7 The more the priests increased, the more they sinned against Me; they exchanged their Glory for something disgraceful. 8 They feed on the sins of My people and relish their wickedness.
Of all the prophecies in God’s word which seem to foretell of our modern times, this one has to stand out as one of the most complete of them all. The “people” have demanded the church approve of homosexual unions. As an increasing number of churches, denominations, ministry leaders, and even former Exodus officials have acquiesced to their demands, the number of their followers multiplies even faster. This passage from Hosea tells us what will happen any time that God’s “priests” and their followers depart from His ways. Here are some things we see happening today which perfectly fit this prophecy.
- The more the priests increased – One by one, a number of “Christian” leaders are giving approval to same-sex partnerships and marriage. Almost every week we hear of one more prominent figurehead joining the ranks of false prophets.
- You stumble day and night – Many men and women believe they have discovered the real “truth” and believe they have the Lord’s approval for same-sex unions and marriages. Their stumbling may or may not be evident to them, but there is no question but they are stumbling. Three of the few same-sex couples I know of include someone I have mentored. Two of the couples have engaged in threesome affairs. One of the young men I mentored broke up a same-sex relationship in order to form his own. Another young man indulges in heavy drinking get-togethers. Illegal drugs have been used by one of the couples. There is lots of stumbling going on. Yet, all three of the couples claim to know Christ.
- My people are destroyed from a lack of knowledge – There likely are some true believers who have been misled by the false narrative. They really are being destroyed. Their “knowledge” is a false knowledge. Actually, they have rejected knowledge, as noted in verse 6.
- They feed on the sins of My people – The prophets who are telling others they can live gay lives are indeed feeding on the people. They carry a message which SSA men and women like to hear. They are tickling the ears of their hearers. As a result, they are gaining many followers. They are feeding on the sins of SSA couples. Those men and women attend their churches and present their tithes and offerings to false teachers. All churches which approve of homosexual actions are feeding on the sins of their congregation. They relish their wickedness, per verse 8.
- I reject you as My priests – This is a bone-chilling prophecy. There is nothing worse than being rejected by God. There is nothing but horror awaiting those whom God has rejected. Imagine, if you will, the scene when they are confronted by a holy God, face to face. Imagine the doom and gloom which will overcome them as they are led away into eternity without any hope.
- I will ignore your children – This is also a chilling thought. The children/grandchildren of all those who choose to ignore God’s truth will not be taught properly in their homes. Future generations will grow up believing the lies of Satan concerning homosexuality. Statistics clearly show that the children of those who do not know God have a much less chance of becoming believers. Similarly, children of those who teach falsely about SSA will have little chance of discovering the truth.
Prayer: Father, once again we turn to You, asking that Your Spirit speak to the hearts of men and women we know who have abandoned Your truth. Our hearts ache as we think about their eternal destiny. We long for these prodigal sons to return to You. We also pray for all the many church leaders who have turned away from this truth. We pray for the former Exodus leaders, the leaders of denominations, and pastors of all gay churches. Jesus, miraculously show them the error of their ways. We cannot close without praying for ourselves. Do not let us fall prey to our enemy’s lies. We know many who we would never have believed could be misled, yet that has happened. We know that only Your Spirit can prevent us from joining the growing band of those who are deceived. It is nothing of which we can boast.